Friday, September 6, 2013

2014 Nissan Versa SV 30.8 avg mpg and 882 miles on odometer on 9-5-2013

On 9-5-2013, I drove 5.1 miles to two different grocery stores and back home.  Average speed was 30-35 mph.  Average miles per gallon was 30.8.  There are approximately 250 miles remaining on the 4th tank of gasoline.  There are 882 miles on the odometer currently.

I had been avoiding the closest grocery store to my home because I had seen a very large cockroach in the store.  The cashier had a box that she would stand on when the cockroaches came around. She was already prepared, so this made me believe that the store was dirty.  I recently revisited the store, and it had improved.  On 9-5-2013, I stopped by the store to turn in my application for their reward card program, since registering online did not work.

The next closest store to us is very nice, because you do not have to remove your items from the cart at the checkout. The cashier checks you out from the cart.  This saves time and trouble.  I had been avoiding this store because once (two cars ago) someone slammed their car door into my car, really damaging it. I remembered this incident as I parked there yesterday.  However, the store was practically deserted, so there was no trouble.  The cashier ignored me though and made conversation with the person bagging the groceries instead of with me. They joked that they could not control themselves about eating my celery.  Apparently, my healthy groceries were being made fun of, which is great for me.

The car is consistently over 30 miles per gallon driving in town 30-40 miles per hour.  I am driving more than I thought I would, as I have noticed I am approaching 1000 miles after just 2 months of owning the car.  Many days, I don't drive at all.  I like the car, except for the way that it seems to jump forward at red lights a little.  I also wish that the Bluetooth would allow me to text through the car instead of just making and receiving calls.

5.1 miles on trip gauge

30.8 avg mpg

250 miles remaining 4th tank of gasoline

882 miles on odometer 9-5-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment